Elvis Presley - Crawfish (Pilooski Edit)
- - - - - - - -
1. New collection of edits from the Dirty Crew out now, get it at Turntable Lab, for example.
2. Said crew has a good blog called Alain Finkielkrautrock that you should read.
3. Crawfish have five pairs of legs.
4. Even before it became all popular and stuff to do dj-ready edits of older tracks, Pilooski and our friends at Dirty understood that just cutting up disco tracks was fine but not that exciting. In other words they've been thinking outside the box since before there was a box.
5. This edit of Elvis is my shit. Like Pilooski's edit last year of 'Beggin' by Frankie Valli, this is an infectious soul stormer. There's more extra dancey drum business that gets added this time around, to great effect. It's the kind of track you can play if, for example, you were to openly posit that music is a universal language, only to find your sentiment falling on skeptical ears.
P.S. Jeez, is the album cover the most pause-able thing ever or what?